Looking for tips to make your remote stream the best possible quality?
- Schedule test streams before services and especially when streaming from a new
• Only use the Preview button right before you are ready to start the service
- Run tests for at least 2 minutes to preserve the connection
- Remote Live relies on wifi connection or cell coverage. Advise families of the limitations and assure them of a local recording to upload if necessary
- Schedule at least 2 hours prior to the service
- Set recording to begin on time and add extra time at the end
- Position device no more than 15-20 feet away from celebrants
- Be closer to speakers if a powered P/A or speaker is unavailable.
- Environmental challenges affect outdoor services. Windy days make audio difficult to pick up. Very warm or cold days affect battery performance.
- Extend at least 15 minutes before the scheduled end time.
- Only extend from the device that is recording or from a computer console (not another remote device)
Preserve Local Space
- Review the service afterward. If the local recording is not needed, delete it from archives.